Important words and definitions
In this Agreement, the following words have the following meanings:
means a user account which is individual to you, and which may be registered in respect of a unique identifier that identifies you on a software protocol that enables the transfer and exchange of Tokens.
- means the Argent app, version 0.1 or later, which may be made available as a downloadable mobile software application or which may be accessed via an internet browser and used from a desktop or laptop computer.
- means Argent Labs Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 11093638.
- “Data Protection Legislation”
- means the DPA, GDPR, PECR and all such legislation as may supplement, amend or replace them from time to time.
- means a mobile telephone with internet functionality, or a computing device with internet functionality (such as a touchscreen ‘tablet’).
- means the Data Protection Act 2018 and all subordinate legislation to it.
- means Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
- means an individual, organisation or device which you may elect to provide verification and other security features to you, such as enabling the recovery of your account and/or acting as a point of approval for certain transactions.
- “Online Specification”
- means any technical specification of the App’s functionality or commercial details relating to pricing or similar details which may be posted on our website or made available via the App from time to time.
- means the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- “Personal Data”
- has the meaning set out in the Data Protection Legislation.
- means the functionality of the App offered to Users, including the ability for those Users to appoint Guardians and to execute Transactions.
- means any digital token or asset (which may be referred to as a ‘cryptocurrency’) which is made available for transfer, storage, or exchange using the App.
- means an individual who registers an account to use the App; and terms such as “Users” shall be interpreted accordingly.
Where this end-user licence agreement refers to “you” or “your” it means the individual accepting this agreement; where it refers to “us”, “our” or “we” it means Argent.
The App is designed to work on mobile phone devices with iOS operating systems 11 or later and Android operating systems 6.0 or later. The App is designed to function in portrait mode only and is not optimised for tablets.
7. Licence restrictions
Except as expressly set out in this EULA or as specifically permitted by any local law, you agree:
- not to copy the App except where such copying is incidental to normal use of the App, or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security;
- not to rent, lease, sub-license, loan, translate, merge, adapt, vary or modify the App;
- not to make alterations to, or modifications of, the whole or any part of the App, or permit the App or any part of it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs;
- not to disassemble, decompile, reverse-engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the App or attempt to do any such thing except to the extent that (by virtue of section 296A of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988) such actions cannot be prohibited because they are essential for the purpose of achieving inter-operability of the App with another software program, and provided that the information obtained by you during such activities:
- is used only for the purpose of achieving inter-operability of the App with another software program;
- is not unnecessarily disclosed or communicated without our prior written consent to any third party; and
- is not used to create any software that is substantially similar to the App;
- not to provide or otherwise make available the App in whole or in part (including object and source code), in any form to any person without prior written consent from Argent; and
- to comply with all technology control or export laws and regulations that may apply to the technology used or supported by the App or any Service.
Together such conditions the “Licence Restrictions