What is Ramp?
For your first purchase, you’ll need to register with Ramp regardless of which payment method you later choose. Depending on the amount, you may also need to provide additional information. See Ramp KYC limits and requirements.
How to buy crypto in the Argent app with Ramp
- Open Argent, tap 'Recieve'→ 'Buy crypto'. (Make sure you're on your zkSync account by tapping the account switcher, top left of home screen).
- Choose the amount you’d like to buy and the asset
- Check your email address and accept Ramp’s Terms of Service
- Confirm your email address by entering the code
- Tap 'Proceed'
- Choose payment method and 'Proceed'
- Follow the steps for your chosen payment method to complete the purchase
After your payment has been confirmed, you’ll receive email confirmation of your transaction and your chosen crypto will arrive in your account in minutes.
You won’t need to confirm your email address after making your first purchase.
Media showing an in-app purchase with Ramp
Ramp charges a small fee which is dependant on your payment method. You will also need to pay gas so your crypto can arrive in your account. Learn about Ramp’s fees here.
As always in crypto and DeFi, you should do your own research before using a product. These include smart contract vulnerabilities and the economics of the protocols involved.
How zkSync 1.0 works with Argent
ZkSync is just getting started and smart contracts are coming with version 2.0 in 2022 - until then, we’ve partnered with leading DeFi providers to bring a selection of popular investment options and utilize atomic swaps on zkSync - a trustless, peer-to-peer way to swap tokens between two parties.
Disclaimer: This blog post is for informational purposes and is not financial advice. Investing in cryptocurrencies and DeFi involves risk and can result in you losing money.
Ready to get started with DeFi?
Argent is a simple, secure, all in one wallet for investing in DeFiDownload Argent